Cirilla, The Wither
Cirilla, The Wither
Ciri (The Witcher)
The Witcher & Company.
done for a friend’s birthday with Copic markers
Yennefer, Cirilla and Geralt.
That’s my rather old drawind I made this winter :)
So, I think in Lobinden, there’s this little girl asking “can girls become witchers too?”
Normally, Geralt would just dismiss her, tell her to go play and stop bothering him. But then he turns around and he looks at this girl, at her grey blonde hair, at her green eyes which are the wrong shade, but still green, and his heart stops for a moment.
In his mind eyes he sees Ciri lost in the forest of Brokilon, sees her running around Kaer Morhen, sees her fighting by his side, white streaks in her hair, cat medalion hanging on her neck.
So he tells the girl that there once was a girl who became a witcher and that she was brave and fought the most terrible monsters. But she’s gone know, she’s in another world where she doesn’t have to fight anymore.
Sometimes when Geralt sits alone under the trees near Lobinden, the girl comes to him and he shows her pictures in his books about monsters, lets her hold his silver sword and touch the medalion. If Triss or Dandelion sees them like that, they never say a word.
(Of course, I know it depends on how much Geralt remembers. I know he does remember Ciri, the lake and the island, I don’t know if he remembers something more, but I hope so. Well, even if he doesn’t it won’t destroy my little fantasy, just because I won’t accept the fact that he could’ve forgotten the most important person in his life. Maybe when Triss finally told him about Yennefer (pragmatic as always, Triss, aren’t we? Yen is away = Yen doesn’t exist), she told him also about Ciri, whom she claimed was for her like a sister. So I hope he does remember…argh, doesn’t matter, I’ll always tear up because of that little girl. Because Ciri. I want Ciri. Sniff.)
- I still see her in my dreams, just as I saw her before… That’s why I took the mission on Thanedd. That’s why I wanted to join you later. I… I want to see her… once again. I want to touch her hair once more, look in her eyes… I want to look at her. Kill me if you like. But I can’t hide it any more. I think… I think that I love her. Don’t laugh, please.
- I don’t feel like laughing at all.
- That’s why I go with you. Do you understand?
- Do you want her for yourself or for your emperor?
- I’m a realist - he whispered - She wouldn’t even want me. But as the wife of the emperor, I could at least see her.
- I’m Cahir Mawr Dyffryn, son of Caellach. I came here together with Geralt. To save you, Ciri. I know, it sounds unbelievable.
- I’ve seen more unbelievable things - Ciri snarled - You have made a long way… Cahir. Where’s Geralt?
He looked at her. She remembered his eyes from Thanedd. Dark blue and soft like velvet. Pretty.
Andrzej Sapkowski - Wieża Jaskółki i Pani Jeziora
(translated in English by me, I’m sorry, it’s not good, but it was the only way to not post it in Polish)
I normally don’t do things like that , but sometimes it’s just stronger than me. So, please forgive me a moment of weakness. It’s just my little private “what would happen if”… if some parts of the book would have another ending. It supposed to be a serene picture, but looks like it’s not…
Geralt&Ciri were the cutest thing in the show. After that I ran to the book market and bought all books about Geralt :)
I wish google would give me better pictures. Alas, I don’t have DVDs, but I think I should fix it. It was a good show.
Still, you can see how adorable they are! At some point I forgot Ciri wasn’t Geralt’s kid by blood, because she was his kid in everything else.
Geralt and Ciri